Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='beerdragon' post='152087' date='Mar 5 2008, 10:48 PM']I'll have to get a new camera. or cut down on my drinking.[/quote]

Were you drinking when you set your EQ?! Despite the fuzzyness that looks like almost 15dB of boost @ 30Hz, a fine way to either blow your speakers (if you have plenty of amp power) or cause your amp to clip very prematurely. Deal with that and your fine monolith should play way louder without distortion and last longer!

Alex

[quote name='dood' post='124931' date='Jan 21 2008, 07:13 PM']*FANFARE* Just taken delivery of a Mark Bass F1 ;o) . I have a rack mount kit on its way, so will be putting it in a rack case with my TC Gforce. Nothing else! The amp, as you can see is sat upon an Epifani UL-610.

Now, can I just take a few moments to dispell any myths. INCLUDING some preconceived views (yeh, mine too) on what this amp may sound like. I am the first to admit that MarkBass and I did not start off on the right foot. I tried a few MB rigs and just couldnt get on with the sound. I later found, much like Ampeg, all MB cabs have a 'tone' to them.. Sadly a tone I don't like. Now the Epifani does have it's own tone too.. infact, most cabs do in one way or another.. maybe the Epi is just less intrusive.

So, anyway.. I thought there is NO WAY that such a small box can keep up with a LOUD band in a studio live room (yep.. a noisey environment). I can catagorically confirm this amp is tastefully LOUD LOUD LOUD.. and very HiFi clean too ;o)

[edit] for info, it's 500W RMS into 4 Ohms

I discovered the VLE andd VPF controls to be uber useful. I have renamed them to 'The Ampeg Control' - sounds a bit like a Sansamp when you go too far with them.. I suspect that was the idea!

I may keep the 2k powersoft amp to use should I need to play the odd stadium with a set of 8x10's, but I am surprised and excited to say I may have finally arrived wih my gear. I shudder to think how much I have spent over the years, I really do.

Oh.. and the F1 has a pair of purpley blue LEDs ;o)

[attachment=5094:Gear020.JPG]

I must just say a big thankx to ma man Deano at The Bass Centre for being bl**dy brilliant and sorting me out with new toys AGAIN. I'll write a decent review when I get round to it![/quote]

Just remembered I had this UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL pic to include! I'll post a pic of the new Agggie GS112 with it soon..

[attachment=6246:Gear012.JPG]

[quote name='dood' post='152785' date='Mar 6 2008, 11:18 PM']Just remembered I had this UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL pic to include! I'll post a pic of the new Agggie GS112 with it soon..

[attachment=6246:Gear012.JPG][/quote]

Dood, you're gonna love the GS112!
I frickin' love mine, can't wait till I can get another one to really beef things out.

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='eude' post='152869' date='Mar 7 2008, 09:08 AM']Dood, you're gonna love the GS112!
I frickin' love mine, can't wait till I can get another one to really beef things out.

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

Oh I do Ewan!! oh I do! - Though my band mates will ridicule me for turning up with such a shrinky-dink rig! Had I have had the cash, I think I would have taken both of Smash's cabs!

Hooray - finally got the bits of mine after much bargain hunting and got a chance to hook it up and turn it up at practice on Sunday. Just waiting for the wireless to drop in the top slot and it's chocs away - 10 shows and one broken liver coming up... :wacko:

[attachment=6335:IMG00027.jpg]

Here's mine, sorry for the dark and grainy picture. I took it on my phone and the studio doesn't have very good lighting.
The rig is an SWR SM-1500 with a Goliath III and Son of Bertha. According to the Fender rep I was the only person daft enough in Europe to purchase the SM-1500. 30kgs of bass joy and thats not including the sleeved rack.

Edited by BTGAndy

[quote name='rhymes' post='154938' date='Mar 10 2008, 10:14 PM']Hooray - finally got the bits of mine after much bargain hunting and got a chance to hook it up and turn it up at practice on Sunday. Just waiting for the wireless to drop in the top slot and it's chocs away - 10 shows and one broken liver coming up... :wacko:

[attachment=6335:IMG00027.jpg][/quote]

That looks badass!
i love the look of 6x10's!!

[quote name='bassboy115' post='156143' date='Mar 12 2008, 04:11 PM']That looks badass!
i love the look of 6x10's!![/quote]

Thanks Alex - they do look impressive, but no doubt my spine will wish my wallet could stretch to a lighter neo version...

[quote name='Machines' post='156897' date='Mar 13 2008, 06:23 PM'][/quote]

Nice! I have a similar set up: Fender Jazz -> ABM 300 Evo II -> MAG cab, I just have a couple of extra speakers. Sadly I've not got the Wideboy version which looks much cooler IMO, it stacks on cabs much better. There was a Wideboy version in Sound Control in Glasgow the other week, a bit scruffy, but I was tempted to see if they'd do a swap. I didn't though, and it's probably gone now :)