Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='dood' post='115038' date='Jan 6 2008, 10:06 PM']NO CHUFFIN WAY!!!!!!!!! Can't believe you managed to wangle the EBS out of Flanker!! gutted mate!!!! Thats one preamp I'd love to own..

oh well.. I guess if there is even the slightest chance you change your mind.. you know where I am!!!!! I would sell gear if one of those came up second hand. I don't think they are worth the new price.. but they are stunningly good!!!!

Congrats mate.. I have played through Flanker's EBS/QSC/Epifani combo at a bass bash and it was stunning.[/quote]

Sorry Dood - Steve said you'd be gutted. :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='115057' date='Jan 6 2008, 10:36 PM']Sorry Dood - Steve said you'd be gutted. :)[/quote]

right thats it! I am deleting his mobile number off my phone!!! AND off my xmas list lol lol!!!!!!

don't worry steve I still luv ya.

He's right though!! - Although, further to our last discussion about rigs, I have set up my rig thus:- (pics to follow)

Bass> Multicomp - = Stereo EQ = TC Electronic GForce - Powersoft Power Amp - Epifani UL610
> ------------

SO, I have a compressed and a non compressed signal going into either side of a dual channel EQ. Both EQ'd signals are fed into the left and right of the GFroce where they are mixed with different effects etc. THe GForce has a dedicated line driver with enough gain to drive my poweramp. The mono signal (at the moment) goes straight out to my cab, but could go to a stereo DI box first.

Think that is as close as I will get to the EBS tone for now. I am even surprised at myself..as the SVP is OUT of the rack AGAIN!!!

[quote name='obbm' post='115560' date='Jan 7 2008, 04:41 PM']Tools for the job - vintage, modern and loud.

SC200 is not here as it is undergoing a rebuild.

[/quote]

The name - WEM is so evocative of my early days. We used to gig with a 100 watt WEM PA!!! Love the Epi stuff but I wouldn't like to tote that Trace cab Dave :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='116131' date='Jan 8 2008, 11:53 AM']The name - WEM is so evocative of my early days. We used to gig with a 100 watt WEM PA!!! Love the Epi stuff but I wouldn't like to tote that Trace cab Dave :)[/quote]

I would like to find a WEM ER100 to complete the set.

The Trace is purely for outdoor festivals when I need to provide a bullet-proof bass amp for the communal backline. There is usually plenty of muscle to move it.

Well heres my latest fill!

DHA VT-5 Studio bass
Ashdown Mag 300
Hartke 2200pro.

The ashdown was supposed to be a "just for the time being" amp cos i got it for such a great price, but in truth, it sounds wonderful! I think everything balances nicely now, the warmth and "woolyness" of the valves and the ashdown are balanced out nicely by the zing of the aluminium cones and the horn. :)

[quote name='ste_m3' post='116188' date='Jan 8 2008, 01:44 PM']Well heres my latest fill!

DHA VT-5 Studio bass
Ashdown Mag 300
Hartke 2200pro.

The ashdown was supposed to be a "just for the time being" amp cos i got it for such a great price, but in truth, it sounds wonderful! I think everything balances nicely now, the warmth and "woolyness" of the valves and the ashdown are balanced out nicely by the zing of the aluminium cones and the horn. :)

[/quote]

Nice one Stephen! I think it sounds and looks great.

I'll post a pic of the Eden after my gig on Saturday night. :huh:

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='116227' date='Jan 8 2008, 02:19 PM']Nice one Stephen! I think it sounds and looks great.

I'll post a pic of the Eden after my gig on Saturday night. :)[/quote]

Yeah! Still tinkering with that DHA trying to get the levels and everything right. But its a very rewarding pre! Not 100% on the Hartke yet but its unfair to say without putting it in a band situation.

[quote name='ste_m3' post='116188' date='Jan 8 2008, 01:44 PM']Well heres my latest fill!

DHA VT-5 Studio bass
Ashdown Mag 300
Hartke 2200pro.

[/quote]

Hi Stephen,

Glad it's all working now.

I found the circuit diagram and worked out the channel switching of this one off custom VT5. You can select the red or blue channel via the footswitch or the front panel but there has to be a bass plugged into the red or blue input for it work with that channel. This was the design the original owner requested as he wanted to have 2 basses always plugged it.

But, if you made up a splitter cable with 1 jack for the guitar and 1 for each i/p on the pre-amp then you could switch between Red and Blue channels without having to unplug. As each channel has 2 gain stages then this would make it a 4 channel pre-amp plus by-bass.

Any chance of a review?

Dave

Me and my rig at rehearsal's most important moment - coffee break! Once Dave has finished building my DHA preamp, that will be mounted above the Little Mark 2. I'm going to run it into the effects return and just use the Markbass head as a power amp.

[quote name='tombboy' post='118041' date='Jan 10 2008, 06:10 PM']My Last three rigs (current one first):

Markbass LMK with 102P and 115:

Ampeg SVT 2 Pro with 810 cab:

Trace Elliot GP7 300SMC with 410 & 115:

[i][b]God.... I miss the last two! :)[/b][/i][/quote]

I've never heard the Mark Bass gear, but I could see you missing those two bad boyz.

[quote name='tombboy' post='118041' date='Jan 10 2008, 06:10 PM']My Last three rigs (current one first):

Markbass LMK with 102P and 115:

Ampeg SVT 2 Pro with 810 cab:

Trace Elliot GP7 300SMC with 410 & 115:

God.... I miss the last two! :)[/quote]

god what id give for an ampeg rig like that!!! lol

Not a fan of Sunburst but the red MM looks gorgeous

[quote name='Wil' post='117824' date='Jan 10 2008, 01:42 PM']Me and my rig at rehearsal's most important moment - coffee break! Once Dave has finished building my DHA preamp, that will be mounted above the Little Mark 2. I'm going to run it into the effects return and just use the Markbass head as a power amp.

[/quote]

Iv seen quite a lot of rigs with that cab configuration. I bet it sounds amazing. Im very tempted myself to go the GK route. However, this year i am being strict with myself and only buying stuff after i have tried it. How does GK stuff sound? Do they have a tight bottom end? Particularly the 2x12.

[quote name='BassBalls' post='118384' date='Jan 11 2008, 10:33 AM']Iv seen quite a lot of rigs with that cab configuration. I bet it sounds amazing. Im very tempted myself to go the GK route. However, this year i am being strict with myself and only buying stuff after i have tried it. How does GK stuff sound? Do they have a tight bottom end? Particularly the 2x12.[/quote]

I think they're great myself - a comprimise between the punch of 10s and the bottom of 15s. Tigher bottom than 15s, and can still cut. The 2x12 came with casters but I found it needs to be on the floor to get the most bottom from it. I've never found it lacking, though. With my band I need both cabs to get the full whack from my head, with just the 2x12 I have to max the head and although its loud, I run out of headroom. With both cabs I have plenty of punch and headroom, and they seem to balance well.

NiceGuyHomer had this setup though and didn't get on with it, so it may be worth trying it out if you get the chance.

[quote name='StiffyP' post='119333' date='Jan 12 2008, 11:00 PM']

Basses:

KSD custom
Ibanez EDC700
Ibanez AEB100

Amp/rack/cab:

EBS HD350
EBS Classic 410
Behringer BTR2000

Effects (through parallel loop):

EBS BassIQ -> EBS UniChorus

soon to get a sansamp bass driver or multidrive !

hmm which to choose..[/quote]

That looks awesome - i want that tuner, just for the light :)