Why become a member? ×

Solo time: Spotlight's on; you step forward ....

guyl

My amp conked (at the most important/embarrasing point) in the middle of last night's gig.

It's only really happened a handful of times in my playing life - but the memory of each "conkout" still turns my stomach! (Of course it's never at home or rehearsal - only on paid, pressure gigs!)

It's a terrible admission to make on Basschat - which has been the source of some serious GAS, but I my sound isn't the most important thing anymore ...... it's all about reliability!

I'm off to buy a meaty poweramp (output - not weight) that will never come close to hard being worked hard. Probably Peavey, which seems to be pretty reliable according to Basschatters. Will proably only use one side of a stereo, so will have a "spare" other side in case of future conkout.

Spare pre/mixer etc are now on the January Sales wish list too!!

I was once given a carlsbro bass amp to play through when we did a performance at my school, so willingly i put my bass into it and plucked the first note of our song..... no sound, my mate said he had tested it which probably means he'd turned it on to see if the blue light appeared i played the song through the mic... irritating as hell. yeah from what i've heard peavey is good, plus if you want to really change your sound theres allways basspod