Why become a member? ×

Warwick 611 pro any experience

Bassmouseman

I thinking about buying one of these cabs, does anyone have any experience with them?
I play in a Metal band using a Warwick Corvette Std 5 through a TE GP12 SMX preamp and SWR 800 Power amp.
Need to know if it will be loud enough, punch through the mix and handle the low B flat (we tune down half a step).
Any advice would be great, Thanks.

[quote name='Bassmouseman' post='952548' date='Sep 11 2010, 10:43 AM']I thinking about buying one of these cabs, does anyone have any experience with them?
I play in a Metal band using a Warwick Corvette Std 5 through a TE GP12 SMX preamp and SWR 800 Power amp.
Need to know if it will be loud enough, punch through the mix and handle the low B flat (we tune down half a step).
Any advice would be great, Thanks.[/quote]
hi mate ive just purchsed one off ebay and had a serious problem with it im running a line6 hd750 amp through it and it sounded like a 10 watt practice amp.
i had it cheked over and was told i had a blown speaker......GREAT, so i took the speaker out and noticed a loose conection it now works beautiful im using the 6 ohm version and cant complain i love it it handles the low b i also play in a metal band and it punches through the two deaf gutairists which always seem to increase the volume through out practice.. hope this helps!

[quote name='Bassmouseman' post='952548' date='Sep 11 2010, 10:43 AM']I thinking about buying one of these cabs, does anyone have any experience with them?
Any advice would be great, Thanks.[/quote]

Any 610 should be pushing enough air to punch through a mix in a live setting.

[quote name='bramleyapple' post='952708' date='Sep 11 2010, 01:48 PM']hi mate ive just purchsed one off ebay and had a serious problem with it im running a line6 hd750 amp through it and it sounded like a 10 watt practice amp.
i had it cheked over and was told i had a blown speaker......GREAT, so i took the speaker out and noticed a loose conection it now works beautiful im using the 6 ohm version and cant complain i love it it handles the low b i also play in a metal band and it punches through the two deaf gutairists which always seem to increase the volume through out practice.. hope this helps![/quote]

Very helpful thanks. Think you might have bought the one I was looking at! good to hear you got it working and it sounds good.
Also good to get an opinion from someone else that play's with two deaf guitarists! must be a metal thing :-)
How would you describe the sound? I know it's subjective, but I have no chance of trying before I buy.

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='952730' date='Sep 11 2010, 02:12 PM']Any 610 should be pushing enough air to punch through a mix in a live setting.[/quote]

Thought this might be the case, but I have had problems with cabs in the past (ashdown) that just didn't do the job!

[quote name='Bassmouseman' post='953051' date='Sep 11 2010, 07:28 PM']Very helpful thanks. Think you might have bought the one I was looking at! good to hear you got it working and it sounds good.
Also good to get an opinion from someone else that play's with two deaf guitarists! must be a metal thing :-)
How would you describe the sound? I know it's subjective, but I have no chance of trying before I buy.

Thought this might be the case, but I have had problems with cabs in the past (ashdown) that just didn't do the job![/quote]
tight and punchy the horn really helps if wanna cut through, if you can buy it and its in good nick id buy it!

[quote name='Bassmouseman' post='953051' date='Sep 11 2010, 07:28 PM']Very helpful thanks. Think you might have bought the one I was looking at! good to hear you got it working and it sounds good.

Thought this might be the case, but I have had problems with cabs in the past (ashdown) that just didn't do the job![/quote]
tight and punchy the horn really helps if wanna cut through, if you can buy it and its in good nick id buy it!