Why become a member? ×

Joe Jackson: Stepping Out

thebeat

[quote name='Kirky' post='945891' date='Sep 5 2010, 08:41 AM']I'm a big fan of the earlier stuff - what a great band they were! Stepping Out is good too. He is a very talented writer and performer but for me, the combination of him and the original band is unbeatable.[/quote]
+1!
Whilst Stepping Out is a top tune, "[i]Look Sharp[/i]" and "[i]I'm The Man[/i]" (the albums) are where it's at!

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='945741' date='Sep 4 2010, 10:31 PM']Graham Maby. Respect.[/quote]

+1

Saw Joe Jackson play live in Birmingham a couple of times. He opened one of the gigs with Right or Wrong, just him on piano and Graham Maby on bass. Fantastic!

Joe Jackson has so many great tunes that it's hard to have favourites..
I consider him a musician and an artist..
I went to see the Body and Soul Tour years ago in Mechelen (Belgium) when I was in my early twenties and it still is one of the best concerts I have ever seen (with Sue Hadjoupoulos on percussion).
That night I saw Maby playing "Stepping out" on his white Fender bass and he kept the tempo up without any problem.
I used that song later on to practice octaves on my bass.
It's not mentionned a lot but I also think Maby has a great voice (love him singing "Beat Crazy".