Why become a member? ×

Power Amps

NancyJohnson

Where do you start!

Ok..

Yamaha (P series are great)
Peavey
QSC (PLX series, awesome! as is the heavier RMX range)
Stewart (2.1)
Chevin (One of the very best)
Powersoft (yummy)
SoundTech (on a budget)
Behringer - you know them...
thats a few off the top of my head

I think when you're just using the same set up (POD>Ashdown>Cabs) and are reasonably happy with it (well, until quite recently) you just stick with what you know and in this instance, avoid looking elsewhere.

I'd like to go with a racked Bass POD + Power Amp>2 cabs in the near future. I only really knew the Trace amplifier by experience.

Will investigate!

Thanks!
P

Yes, I totally agree.. the ole addage 'if it ain't broke...' etc etc... I was using the POD XT rack straight into a power amp.. I think its a really good way to go. I loved my XT, unfortunately had to sell at the mercy of a motor vehicle!

I'll have another one one day!

Out of the list above, the power amp that stands head and shoulders above the rest for value for money is the Yamaha P5000 or P7500. Absolutely ram packed with features.. and buying online they work out pretty cheap too.

[quote name='dood' post='105774' date='Dec 18 2007, 10:07 AM']Yes, I totally agree.. the ole addage 'if it ain't broke...' etc etc... I was using the POD XT rack straight into a power amp.. I think its a really good way to go. I loved my XT, unfortunately had to sell at the mercy of a motor vehicle!

I'll have another one one day!

Out of the list above, the power amp that stands head and shoulders above the rest for value for money is the Yamaha P5000 or P7500. Absolutely ram packed with features.. and buying online they work out pretty cheap too.[/quote]

I've had a quick look on Th*m*nn and am genuinely (and pleasantly!) surprised at how reasonably priced the power amps are. My old Trace Eliot one cost a fortune and I let it go for a bag of beans.

I think the Yamaha P2500S or a Behringer EP2500 will be more than adequate - my head is racing now - the racked bass POD will work fine with these and there's a crossover to bi-amp. I have an Ashdown deep bass 1x15 as part of my existing set up and I can pick up a matching Ashdown 4x10 easily enough, then sell on my existing POD and Ashdown MAG to fund part of it.

I've mentioned before that I should be mortgage free in about three months, so some new gear is a certainty. The lads I play with now are sooooo loud.

P