Why become a member? ×

Back home......at last!

neilb

After returning to playing a year ago after a 4 year break, Ive titted (is that a word?)around with new gear as we all do. I used Line6, Ashdown and Hartke for a while....but I always had this nagging desire to "return home".

By that I mean Trace Elliot.

Before i took my "break", I had a TE stack that was to die for. Used it for 7 odd years with no problems and it had THAT sound that suited me.

Ive now got hold of a nice 300w TE amp (£160) which I have taken out of the sleeve and rackmounted with a Behringer tuner/racklight (£40).

I used it at a gig (Xmas party for a local hockey club- 200 odd people, very ODD actually!!) running through a single 2x10" (4ohm) Peavey cab.

Blimey. What a sound.

Im back, Im happy and Im home!!!

Just need to keep an eye out for some Trace cabs but the Peavey was fantastic.

She is here:

Has anyone else ever "returned" to a bass or amp that they used years ago much to their satisfaction?

Edited by neilb

Nice looking trace. I had a couple of the older ones (GP7SM 15in combo & GP12SMX 15in combo, both with the 4x5 bright box on the top.) Are the new ones very different?

I have to be honest & say that I haven't tried anything else since moving onto my MarkBass stuff. (Oh, and my Ashdown Mag300 head that I use with the MarkBass 2x10 cab for a "mini rig".)

I think I tend to move forwards and try new things :)