Why become a member? ×

Huzzah my new promethean came!!

gafbass02

.....' Damn, that thing's cool!! '

Just arrived so I've only had time enough to plug it on and play for two mins (I'm with the little un) but ....

NO HISS!!!!

Yay !

Oh it's sooooo cool. I reckon we'll be seeing plenty of these! Full review to come. Along with barefaced compact/midget, zoom b9.1ut and wizard gaffer reviews. Just as soon as fatherhood allows, it's the dreaded MMR this afternoon :-/

[quote name='gafbass02' post='934685' date='Aug 24 2010, 12:50 PM'].....' Damn, that thing's cool!! '

Just arrived so I've only had time enough to plug it on and play for two mins (I'm with the little un) but ....

NO HISS!!!!

Yay !

Oh it's sooooo cool. I reckon we'll be seeing plenty of these! Full review to come. Along with barefaced compact/midget, zoom b9.1ut and wizard gaffer reviews. Just as soon as fatherhood allows, it's the dreaded MMR this afternoon :-/[/quote]

oohhh I like I like

[quote name='gafbass02' post='934685' date='Aug 24 2010, 12:50 PM']NO HISS!!!![/quote]
Woo-hoo!

[quote name='gafbass02' post='934685' date='Aug 24 2010, 12:50 PM']it's the dreaded MMR this afternoon :-/[/quote]
Around 13 months old? That one's generally fine. Maybe a bit of a grumbly bairn for a day or two afterwards, but no worse than the ones around 3/4 months (in fact, substantially better IME!).

I'm dreading the MMR round two for our big fella at 3y4m. For the first time with jabs, he'll know what's going on! It'll be a job to get him in the room... :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway... back on topic!

Nice to know I'm not going mad.

My experience with the promethean.

-Went into a shop to try a shuttle 3.0 and saw the promethean. A/Bed them, loved the Promethean.
-Went home to see what other people thought (no luck, at the time it seemed nobody had them).
-Resolved to buy it, went back... it had been sold!
-When they got another one in... What? How come I didn't notice that hiss before?

In the end I got something else.

Been following your other thread, and I'm glad to hear you got a good one in the end :) Lovely tone (the shuttle sounded so thin in comparison).

If Ibanez can just get the quality control sorted out I think they've got a good thing going here.

[quote name='harmonicfish' post='934833' date='Aug 24 2010, 02:37 PM']Nice to know I'm not going mad.

My experience with the promethean.

-Went into a shop to try a shuttle 3.0 and saw the promethean. A/Bed them, loved the Promethean.
-Went home to see what other people thought (no luck, at the time it seemed nobody had them).
-Resolved to buy it, went back... it had been sold!
-When they got another one in... What? How come I didn't notice that hiss before?

In the end I got something else.

Been following your other thread, and I'm glad to hear you got a good one in the end :) Lovely tone (the shuttle sounded so thin in comparison).

If Ibanez can just get the quality control sorted out I think they've got a good thing going here.[/quote]

Hit nail on the head.. the 3.0 shuttle is thin.. I hear the 6 and 9 is better.. but the Ibanez is screaming value and tone. I like my gear, but would love the combo in addition to my gear..

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='934715' date='Aug 24 2010, 01:15 PM']Woo-hoo!

Around 13 months old? That one's generally fine. Maybe a bit of a grumbly bairn for a day or two afterwards, but no worse than the ones around 3/4 months (in fact, substantially better IME!).

I'm dreading the MMR round two for our big fella at 3y4m. For the first time with jabs, he'll know what's going on! It'll be a job to get him in the room... :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway... back on topic![/quote]

Yeah she's 13 months already, where did that time go!!??! She already got her finger stuck in the prometheans grill so she's gonna have a bad day bless her! Thanks for the info mate :0)

Really interested to hear about that other hissy one, glad I'm not going mad too lol.

Looks really really nice. i am looking forward to any further reviewing you do of this.

My three kids have had various bits of themselves stuck in various bits of my gear. I quite like the process of watching them get used to some new bit of gear, with its new nooks and crannies.

Edited by RichardFoggo

[quote name='gafbass02' post='935152' date='Aug 24 2010, 06:57 PM']How did the Marcus assembly go?[/quote]

[off topic] sweet!!! I absolutely love it - didn't need much of any work to get to how I like it. John East has set me up with a Marcus Retro - TBH not sure I need it these days given my pro recording days are long gone but still prefer as much control as poss and JE's pre's are the very best. THinking about moving on my old SWR workingman to get someway toward a Promethean.

Edited by RichardFoggo